Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heads Up ! Zeiss on Ebay

L8-Nite

Just noticed this add on ebay for an...............   Old Telescope with 40-H eyepiece and Revolver

Price currently at £ 27 pounds. :eek:  Looks like a Telementor with A Zeiss turret.

Add number:  312134451851

Usual disclaimer, nothing to do with me; I already have two Telementors. :smiley:

It is Mike... Turret alone is £50 easy...not sure about optic condition but in good nick a cracking little Frac, but then again you don't need me to tell you that!...clear skies mate.

32 minutes ago, estwing said:

It is Mike... Turret alone is £50 easy...not sure about optic condition but in good nick a cracking little Frac, but then again you don't need me to tell you that!...clear skies mate.

Yeah, in good shape the turret would go for £250 and upwards.  It could be all that's needed is a quick cleaning with a pressure washer. :grin:

Will be interesting to see what the winning bid is.

30 minutes ago, moriniboy said:

Hmm not the best example, bit of a chancer methinks.

Going to stick with mine.

Box.jpg

It may be a chancer, but if we didn't already have our two, I would definitely take a punt.

Did a bit of research and it turned out to be a Telementor l with a helical focuser (my current scope is a Telementor ll) so to cut to the chase its winging its way to Preston shortly lol.

The objective is held in place by 2 screws and does not move unlike the version ll so access for cleaning should be easy.

So you got it !  :thumbsup:

Hopefully it will only need a good cleaning. Yes, the objective is held in place with two screws, and the objective holder position can be adjusted within the tube for focusing purpose. I had to adjust mine when I added a diagonal to the helical focuser.

Edit: Just a note. The turret is a great item to have, although I feel it adds too much weight for our Telementor 1 with the helical focuser; but its perfect for the Telementor 2 with the internal focuser.

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding the original scope due to coating problems with the Amici prism I'm in the process of swapping it over to a standard prism.

According to the "experts" this should provide better results as an Amici is always compromised by its design, even if its made by Zeiss.

Archived