Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC5907

alan4908

An LRGB attempt of the galaxy NGC5907 representing just over 11 hours integration time. 

This spiral galaxy is about 50million light years from Earth and appears "edge on". It is also know as the knife edge or splinter galaxy and was taken with my Esprit 150.

After I had finished processing the image, I discovered that in 2006 very faint and very odd extended tidal tales had been discovered around the galaxy.  I think I'll need much longer Lum subs to pick these up although I haven't yet summed up the enthusiasm to look for them in my existing data :happy11:

Alan

5afacb7450a54_20_crop.thumb.jpg.0ea683fc89ba4d42bc2c3b06f9b6f768.jpg

LIGHTS: L: 27, R:14, G:12, B:15 x 600s, DARKS:30, BIAS:100, FLATS:40 all at -20C.

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Another great image Alan.

Thanks Richard - glad that you liked it. :icescream:

FYI - this is my first attempt of using the advanced features of a noise reduction program called Neat Image - it's very impressive. 

Alan

16 hours ago, Ceph said:

Thats is a lovely image :)

Thanks Ceph !

31 minutes ago, MikeODay said:

Lovely image - great detail and colours.  Well done!

Thanks Mike - Yes, I do like the colours and I was impressed by the amount of detail that was present.

Alan

Archived