NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ 6 Problem

Hey folks

Input and ideas appreciated .

I have a NEQ 6 pro , when I move the RA axis using the controller buttons it is fine  , however the DEC axis will not move at all when using the up and down buttons on the handset, furthermore when I press those buttons the RA axis also stops responding. ( Handset seems to lockup)

My thought is the system board , anyone else ever encountered this before ?

To rule out the the handset or the mount as the problem, try using EQMOD which bypasses the handset, (not used) then you will know, if it still has the error, then it’s a EQ6 board problem, if it works then it’s the handset...... and lets hope it is the handset... :) 

Hi

Is this a used mount (i.e. has the dec moved ok previously ?)

Given it may be broken I wonder if it's possible to swap the motor connections on the board to test if dec moves using RA control to rule out a failed motor ?

Not really looked inside mine much. Perhaps someone will jump in to topic to confirm if motors are the same and could be swapped for testing.

It would save the expense of a new controller board purchase if it was actually the motor ?

Have you tried a factory reset of handset, it wouldn't hurt.

I assume you have the rate set high enough so the dec axis turns and is not actually turning but very slowly.

Some suggestions there to help

Neil

The plugs that go into the system board from each motor are slightly different so cant check those by swapping them .

Tried to connect to the hansdet using the firmware update tool , just told me that it cannot connect / find the controller . Tried it on 2 PC's as well , one with a com port and one with a USB port.

ok , read the manual , ( Missus said " did you read the manual" ) now it conects to do the firmware update.

So seems the cable works.

Slowly getting there.

The mount I picked up cheap as the guy did tell me there is this motor problem with it , however I like fixing things so took this on as a challenge . (im also learning a lot about mounts while im at it lol )

Will also be picking up a belt drive kit when I'm back in the UK at the end of the month :)

Archived