Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Latest arrival in the eyepiece case ....

John

I picked up my latest EP purchase today - thank goodness the deliverers did not follow the same approach that they did for Russ's recent arrival - chucking this over a gate would have definately resulted in breakage - it weighs a pound and a half :shock:

The "new boy" is the middle one - Nagler Type 4 22mm:

9169_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

9170_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The 22mm T4 has the "love it or hate it" instadjust" feature whereby the whole top part of the eyepiece (including the bit with the green engraving on) and the rubber eyecup can be moved up and down on click stops to get the eye in the right position to make the most of the exit pupil. It's going to be interesting getting used to that as the other Nagler types have fixed eyecups.

It's eyerelief is considerably longer than the 16mm T5 and it fits right into a nice niche in my EP range - I had to part with my much loved 24mm Panoptic to get it so ...... I hope the view though it is worth it :undecided:

Lots of blue sky around this afternoon so fingers crossed for a clear night at 1st light tonight :)

John

Looking forward to hearing a first light report!

... thank goodness the deliverers did not follow the same approach that they did for Russ's recent arrival - chucking this over a gate would have definately resulted in breakage - it weighs a pound and a half :shock:

My blood is still boiling from that... :undecided:

Thank the lord James had the Nagler in a bolt case, which was in a box, which was in a bag. Phew! Still gives me a nervous twitch when i think about it.

John, you lucky man!!!! A 22mm T4, oh boy that would go so well with the 16mm T5....hmm. When you decide to sell it, let me know. :undecided:

Best of luck with the weather tonight.

Russ

Very nice! 8) :)

My 18mm UWA also arrived today, or more correctly, I went and got it from the PF depot. A clear sky is forecasted for me tonight, for first light - can't wait! :undecided:

Andrew

Hope you did not get stung for too much duty Andrew - and get a good 1st light tonight !.

The 31mm T5 is a monster - 2.2 lbs - I carry it out to the scope in both hands and it is a little nervewracking until it's safely in the focusser. The 22mm is a lot more compact and easy to handle.

John

John,

I must say that the T4 22mm looks rather lonely in the middle of your other Naglers.

I have the 12mm and the 17mm with the latter being my favourite. I am certain that the 22mm won't disappoint. I can still remember the view of M42 in March this year, yes, Wow.

John

Archived