Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The first quarter Moon, highlights of a memorable session

johnfosteruk

This started out as just a full 'disc' (or as mentioned elsewhere 'full quarter') image but I had such a fantastic session observing and imaging yesterday I wanted to encapsulate it all in one image.

So, I've included:-

• Full disc in mono and RGB 
  • some of the close ups 
  • the X & V
  • Afternoon shot
  • List of Lunar 100 features observable at or around first quarter (I ticked 3 off the list with yesterday's observations) Save it for next lunation kiddies.
  • Some fun stuff with an overlay - after a recent post by ArmyAirForce it occurred to me that one of my favourite places to observe (Tranquilitatis) is similar in shape to one of my favourite places to be! (Dartmoor)
  • Fun with LTVT

Best seen at full size but it is 34mb so put the kettle on if you're on dial up.

clear skies!

5ade5c8942e85_MoonMontage22-04-18.thumb.png.e03108735b2c14472e6ea9a84383f51b.png

8 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

But the present Mrs Foster as cautioned me on the wisdom of such a venture, we may end up at 24" :)

All good as long as the 24" you refer to ending up with is the size of a new telescope mirror...

Archived