Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First crack at NGC 7000

George

My first go at NGC 7000 North American Nebula, equipment used:

Piggy backed ED80

Modified Canon 350D with CLS filter

Images taken with DSLR Focus

Stacked with DSS, Processed with PS3

Noise ninja applied (1st time I've used this)

12 x 5min subs

Darks and flats applied

I never realised how big NGC7000 was, hence I only got the middle regions. Sometime in the future I'll have to mosaic this :) PHD as always did a great job guiding :D

NGC7000-1.jpg

George

Lovely George! It really is a whopping target, I can hardly fit it in with the Wo72 and FR! I find that the modded cameras and CLS filters work very well together, and your pic also highlights that.

Cheers

TJ

It's going to be a monster if you are aiming at a mosaic. You didn't use a FR then?

Ron. :)

Nope don't have a FR yet, the mosaic seems more of a challenge. Think it will be a long term project as the clear nights a so far and few between to waste on one project :laughing2:

I believe focal reducers are a bit of a black art to match to your imaging train :?

Nice image George, have you got starry night?

Its got a nice FOV section where you can put in your scopes, ccds, DSLRs, focal reducers, EPs, barlows etc. details in and have each one of them (together or seperately) show their respective FOVs overlayed onto the stars. its very useful for getting framing spot on, take a quick 5sec exposure (maybe a bit longer with the cls filter in), identify the major stars in the image using starry night and then adjust the scope/camera accordingly.

You can also rotate the FOV for CCDs/DSLRs so it will give you how many degrees you need to offset the camera by rotating it to get all of the target in shot.

I think stellarium allows you to overlay FOVs but I don't think its as comprehensive as starry night. Last time I looked you had to work out all of the FOVs of various kit yourself, with starry night you just type in the details of your kit and it works out the rest.

Archived