Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASI1600 Mono Cooled

Kaliska

Power supply is an optional extra because you can use any 12V supply with a 5.5/2.1mm plug that can supply the required current. Many folks prefer to use a single power supply for all their gear to reduce number of cables and sources of drag.

Optional Extra..?? Well, I'm just gobsmacked! You pay all that money to have a cooled camera, but you can't cool it unless you buy yet another bit of equipment?? Yes, I know its not expensive to buy, but forking out over £1k you hope that everything would work out of the box.

ZWO...you need to up your game to us consumers, its the little details that either get us back to using your equipment, or not in this case.

The point is that a lot of people, maybe most, have no need for yet another 12V adapter to power their mount, cameras, focuser etc... and especially so if they run off battery power in the field. I was quite relieved to not have to fork out extra for one.

1 hour ago, Kaliska said:

The point is that they could have easily supplied the connector, lead and a cigarette plug.

Ok, rant over lol

No I do agree its a little cheap not to even supply a lead and a cigarette type plug given the price differential between the powered and unpowered version....QHY provide a power cord on the 163...

• 2 weeks later...

When I got mine (a couple of months ago), it came with a power cable and ac/dc adapter.  The cable that runs from the adapter to the camera is pretty short, requiring that I mount the adapter on the telescope mounting rings.  The cable that runs from the adapter to the power supply is OK as far as length goes.

Rodd

Archived