Which OTA?

Good Evening, my name is Christopher and I was hoping to get some help. I currently use a Stellarvue SV105 on a Mach1GTO but would like to get a secondary OTA for smaller objects. I'm thinking about either the Orion Optics UK ODK10 or the Celestron EdgeHD 11. The camera being used will be a SBIG ST-8300M. Which do you think would be better and why? Or maybe you recommend something different all together?

Thank you,
Christopher

That scope is an excellent scope , i'm sure you have really enjoyed it  ! When you use that camera do you hook up straight into the focuser or do you ever use a Powermate with the diagonal ? Reason i'm asking is because the Televue Powermates from my understanding are excellent at increasing object size in scopes with quality  images . You can get them from 2x up to 5x I believe . Reason also I bring up Powermates is because of the price difference of scope options . However if your really wanting to go with a bigger scope the Edge 11" is a great size and produces larger objects . But I will say that refractors are going to show the sharpest images and viewing over all . Now I don't have experience with either items . I use a C8 bought back in 97' , but retiring out of imaging . But i'm sure there are plenty very smart people with knowledge to help you with your decision . Besure and let us know what your final decision is . It will be interesting !

45 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I would strongly advise a search of the internet regarding these manufacturers. One of them has little to fear if you do.

Olly

I rather wish I hadn’t done that Google search Olly :( 

17 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I would strongly advise a search of the internet regarding these manufacturers. One of them has little to fear if you do.

Olly

Just out of curiosity what are you talking about ? Honestly I don't know but i'd like to . 

Archived