Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How many?

johnfosteruk

Labels do you think there are on this image?

Annotated using LTVT. I'm fascinated by the way different features are prominent under different illumination. I've spotted a few things on this one that I've added to the observation list for further study.

For example Rima Hyginus, I'd never have thought to look for it under almost full illumination but there it is and there's some interesting looking craters nearby (Godin, Triesnecker, Agrippa)

Trouble is the forecast is rubbish this evening so it may have to wait until next month.

Anyhoo, post a number if you like. The prize is, well, nothing really :)

Best viewed full size for the tour.

5abe08b5e1b8c_Lunaratlas29-03-18at96pc.thumb.png.a197ab80ef800a383c71a22ac4a96d10.png

Answer; lots! ;) 

Yeah, typical bank holiday weather coming up for Easter. Don’t think I’ll be using my scope at all for a while because of cloud, but hoping for the best, even if that only means getting a little lunar action. :) 

21 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

You look through the scope??? Thought you only imaged!

On the rare occasions that the imaging rig can be left to it's own devices I have been known to look at the Moon with the SCT :grin:

Dave 

Archived