Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ngc 2264

alacant

Hi everyone

Nice to have the fast reflector for the weekend. I couldn't get this with the 130p, not in such a short time anyway. Still fighting the colour and how much to push. Here are two versions:

1. Stretch and hope in gimp
  2. StarTools' data tracking

Any tips, comments and preferences most gratefully received. Thanks for looking and clear skies.

700d on pn208 f3.9 90min @ ISO800

1arbol2-n.thumb.jpg.41f48ce10fb136dd38b0db2d57609e5e.jpg

1arbol3.thumb.jpg.2ed41b71123ef6e7d61e79e417e2f56e.jpg

I am not very good in it, but was curious in your very nice pic :)

And simple Blue level reduced by 10, +5 in Red level and slight contrast in Curves makes it a bit nicer...
I would also apply High Pass Filter on Nebula only, as stars would get too bright.

I have attached my testing image, without High Pass as you have a lot of stars and it would take quite a time to select and blend them all correctly.

R.K.jpg

On 16/2/2018 at 21:08, RolandKol said:

I have attached my testing image

Thanks. You inspired me to have another go as I liked your colour palatte. I also had a short window earlier to add another few frames. This time I used StarTools all the way...

1arbol5.thumb.jpg.1fb2d85dd2419c38a8780f0041543f62.jpg

6 minutes ago, alacant said:

Thanks. You inspired me to have another go as I liked your colour palatte. I also had a short window earlier to add another few frames. This time I used StarTools all the way...

:) Nice. This time I love your stars as you have managed to get rid of the blue halos :)

11 hours ago, wimvb said:

the PN208? From the specs, it seems a very nice piece of kit.

It's highly sought after in our sharing pool over here. Well built and you can get stuff that would take several nights otherwise. Recommended. 

Archived