Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

lens for new full frame camera?

Astroblagger

Hello

Iv recently bought a full frame Canon 5D Mark ii, so now my 18-55mm kit lens wont fit as its a white EFS fitting, iv got a Samyang 14mm and a canon 50mm. Im just wondering can anyone suggest a good lens in the 18mm-ish range that would be good for both daytime normal use and nighttime use? that preferably wont break the bank?

Any suggestions welcome. 

4 hours ago, Astroblagger said:

that preferably wont break the bank

I second that.. stick with you Samyang until you can upgrade to a L series (or other premium) lens... believe me, those lenses are worth the expense, very good picture quality and built tough.. going cheap is as the y say, you get what you pay for, and in the long run you'll end up spending the money twice.

Canon L series are very obviously a premium lens, with the price tag attached, but as a cheaper alternative, I have a few Sigma "EX" (sigma premium like canon "L") Lenses and they are very good also, as well as the Tamron lenses which have very good reviews.. 

mind you tho, all are more expensive than a EF-s lens.

Personally I recommend the Canon 24-105mm f4 L series as a full frame general purpose lens.. this lens is the best I have and it's on the DSLR body 90% of the time.... attached image has bee taken using it....

Sagittarius Wide 1May2017.JPG

Archived