Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WiFi - need more signal.

Gina

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would seem so - I've updated the SSID on my Duet controlled Mini 3D printer and moved the printer well away from the router so I assume it's connecting to the Ubiquity access point :)

Confirmed - turned the WiFi off on the router and the Duet is still connected :)  SUCCESS :)  The AP is just sitting on the settee ATM - next thing is to put it up on the wall or ceiling or something.

Now to put it somewhere more sensible that the settee :D  Checked signal strength at other end of house and it's 4 out of 5 on the laptop WiFi and that's with a radiator and other stuff in the signal path.  May be able to take a laptop out to the observatory and check signal strength as the weather seems to be improving.

Took laptop out to observatory.  Ubiquity showing 4/5 and Genexis 3/5.  In one place in the observatory the results were 4/5 and 2/5 respectively.  Hopefully the Ubiquity will show more when mounted higher up.  I might just do a test and put the Ubiquity AP in a window in line-of-sight of the observatory while I've got it loose.

Archived