Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Ford Prefect

Another M45 from kelling

This is the second image taken with my hyperstar system (still processing the first light image).

Many thanks have to go to Steve L for persuading me to give the hyperstar a go (taking out the secondary mirror on a SCT is a scary prospect when you haven't done it before :shock: )

Jon

OTA: celestron SCT C8 @ f/2 (Hyperstar v3)

Guiding: William Optics 72 DSI pro II PHD

QHY8 MaximDL, 20x300s

Stacked using: DeepSkyStacker

Processed using PSCS2

post-14336-13387734711_thumb.jpg

Hmmm

Nice image :smiley:

Seeing as the wider field is really "my thing" I am really interested in what these "hyperstars" are capable of.. the only thing is as well as the hyperstar itself I would need another CCD ... adding to the expense...

Billy.... (997....)

Very nice Jon :smiley: , I did notice you was a touch nervy whilst you was swapping the secondary for the Hyperstar :bino2: but it looks it was well worth it!

Tony..

Sorry for the drift away from your image..

But how easy is it to swap back and fore - is it recommended and i suppose you have to re-collimate both ways - ie standard to hyperstar and when changing back from hypersatr to standard?

Billy...(998...)

Hi Billy

The hyperstar has its own collimation screws as does the secondary mirror. As i understand it, taking out the secondary mirror doesn't effect its collimation at all.

I'm sure Steve L ( hyperstar guru will correct me if I'm wrong :smiley: )

You may have been a bit nervous about fitting the HS, but this Image made it worth the sweat on the brow Jon. It's just splendid. I am loving the mono depiction too. Brill.

Ron. :smiley:

Really nice, and very smooth too - it's easy to chase the nebulosity a bit too far and end up noisy.

There seem to be some great results with hyperstar at the moment!

Still wading my way through the images from the weekend, I really love the 8 point spikes on this image.

The nebula is lovely a smooth.

Nice one.

Ant