SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mosaics

Craig123

Hi

Could anyone point me in the direction of free mosaic generating software if any exists.I was hoping to try Andromeda again with my Atik 314 but its too big with the Ed80 and wondered what was out there.If there's no free programmes what would folks recommend purchasing.

Many thanks

thanks..i used to use that for landscape panos.I was actually asking about a tool for framing the shots during image capture rather than post but didn't really make that clear..ooops.Any ideas there or is it easier to do than i'm thinking it will be without any special programme to help set it up.

So you want a plate solving software? One that will put your scope/mount onto each panel automatically? I guess that might be EQ Mosaic if you're running a Skywatcher mount. When Tom and I did the 35 panel mosaic of Orion, Tom just worked out the central co-ordinate of each panel from a planetarium and we sent the GoTo that that point.

If you want to stitch linear panels together then you can use Registar, or the more recent Astro Pixel Processor. I think that Microsoft ICE is out of its depth for this kind of task. You will probably find that any software will need a bit of help to do a perfect job, which is where Photoshop comes in.

Olly

28 minutes ago, Mr niall said:

There’s a sticky in the getting started with imaging thread that has a work around for this’s when making lunar mosaics. Not sure if it’s  applicable to you but might be worth a look.

Much appreciated..will have a look as i'm sure i will see the moon again sometime this year.

21 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

So you want a plate solving software? One that will put your scope/mount onto each panel automatically? I guess that might be EQ Mosaic if you're running a Skywatcher mount. When Tom and I did the 35 panel mosaic of Orion, Tom just worked out the central co-ordinate of each panel from a planetarium and we sent the GoTo that that point.

If you want to stitch linear panels together then you can use Registar, or the more recent Astro Pixel Processor. I think that Microsoft ICE is out of its depth for this kind of task. You will probably find that any software will need a bit of help to do a perfect job, which is where Photoshop comes in.

Olly

Yes..i came across your Orion mosaic a few weeks ago..awesome.I have an HEQ5 so will look up Eq mosiac.It sounds like it could be the right thing for me..especially if it's free.I can then spend the money on Registar which i have been putting off  but know its got to happen soon.Thanks Olly

Archived