NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera problem(s) with Windows 7 laptop

newbie alert

Hi all,I'm just reviving an old laptop so I can dedicate it just for astro but having some problems with camera connections...

In sharpcap  it can see the camera in the camera tab but wont connect..I then get the following message (see image 2)

Not sure on whether it's laptop age but I'm also having issues connecting a atik 16hr to the Artemis capture and I was looking into nebulosity 4 and even thou it lists the camera it won't connect of either..ive installed the ascom drivers etc.. any ideas please?

20180110_194844.jpg

20180110_194732.jpg

Dont use Skyris but - You say you have installed Ascom drivers which I take to mean that the Skyris 236 provides an "Ascom Camera driver" in which case,I think, you would be using the Ascom chooser to connect to the camera not "direct show".

Just in case its a cable problem do you have any other software, that works with the Skyris camera, to eliminate the cable.

Oherwise contact Shapcap author he may have a work around.

Funny I had the same problem with a video grabber on Sharpcap but I found it would work if I used some other software first (ISpy in this case) then went back to Sharpcap to open the camera

Hope that is some help !

On 13/01/2018 at 13:50, stash_old said:

Just in case its a cable problem do you have any other software, that works with the Skyris camera, to eliminate the cable.

There's only one cable..goes from the camera to the laptop..

On 13/01/2018 at 23:19, michael8554 said:

Unless its because it's a usb3 camera in a usb2 hole.

Michael

Could just be that..you might just be right there

28 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

There's only one cable..goes from the camera to the laptop..

Could just be that..you might just be right there

Sorry you misunderstand - Have you another piece of software(PHD2 etc)  ,preferably provided by Iris Manufactures, to use instead of Sharpcap. This might work and show the problem to be with Sharpcap. So not Neb 4 or Sharpcap

Celestron don't mention if the camera is backward compatible with USB 2 but the cable makes no difference only when using in a USB3 port when its needed to get Max Speed it should still work in USB2 - assuming its a std USB 3 cable !!!

But if you have a Std USB2 cable try that instead of the USB3 cable - just in case.

• "Powered by SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology, Skyris transfers data at the fastest possible speeds. No external power necessary" -maybe not enough power being provided by "old" laptop as USB3 can provide more power.

Are you even sure that your "old" laptop is USB 2 and not USB 1

What is the OS of the "old" laptop

If you look in Device Manager is the Skyris camera shown and if you click on its properties does it say "working" - if not hen the driver isnt loaded correctly(doubt it as its listed in Sharpcap

What did you run it on before(OS?) ? was that USB2 or 3 and does the camera still work on that PC using Sharpcap (Sharpcap version number ??)

I would talk/email Celestron about USB2 compatibility. 

Sorry can't be of more help !! Good Luck - Clear Skies

6 hours ago, stash_old said:

If you look in Device Manager is the Skyris camera shown and if you click on its properties does it say "working" - if not hen the driver isnt loaded correctly(doubt it as its listed in Sharpcap

Thanks for the detailed reply.. I can't connect to phd2 as it can't connect the camera!

Yes I tried the device manager and it shows that it's working..

I've gone back to the windows 8 laptop..skyris works there..but still can't connect to nebulosity..not the Skyris but the atik 16hr...shame as looks like a fantastic software..

Thankyou for taking the time to reply

Archived