SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Things that go bump in the night!

Pete Presland

Eager to catch the Jupiter-Mars conjunction, I was up at silly o clock again despite the "iffy" weather forecast. I had some nice views between the clouds of the conjunction and the Moon earlier. Quite a bit of thick cloud at times, but then a totally un-forecast rain shower. This had rushing my old 60" fishing umbrella stored somewhere in the back of the shed. Red torch in mouth, standing like a plank in the middle of the night, holding a giant umbrella over the expensive electrical equipment.

The things we do to keep getting out there. Thankfully its dark and hopefully everyone is still in bed, so nobody witnessed it!

Glad you managed to keep the kit dry Pete, the things we do indeed!

In trying to placate Mrs Stu having woken her when I got up, I brought her a glass of cold water as requested. I then proceeded to miss the bed side table and tip it all over the floor and wall. That made me even more popular, I can tell you. Kind of our own rain shower indoors ;) 

On 07/01/2018 at 13:34, Astro Imp said:

You really know how to earn Brownie points Stu, still it's the thought that counts :help:

Just remembered, the only redeeming feature about this incident is that I narrowly missed filling her handbag with water. Now that really would not have been good news!

30 minutes ago, Stu said:

Just remembered, the only redeeming feature about this incident is that I narrowly missed filling her handbag with water. Now that really would not have been good news!

She is lucky to have you Stu. Don’t let her forget it.

Paul

Archived