NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

To upgrade or not?

32 minutes ago, Cjg said:

At over €8K, I think not!  As nice a scope as it looks, too expensive for me. ?

You're almost correct with the name though, having thought long and hard about it, I shall probably go with another Tak. Just wondering whether the weather we have here would justify going with the 120 or if the 100 would be enough.

https://www.skypoint.it/en/apochromatic-refractors/takahashi/8620-takahashi-fc-100dl-doublet-fluorite-apochromatic-telescope-complete.html

Chris

It might be worth checking whether Ian king still has some DL. If you already did, I apologise! 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Piero, I think he has one, but a little too soon for me yet. I'm hopeful that as the second batch of 100 has sold, Tak might see a business case to make a third or fourth even. 

Best,

Chris

The Tak 76 is a lovely little scope, very sharp optically. As John says, you want the same but more :)

I know where Timebandit is coming from, but a 150mm triplet apo of the same quality is out of reach. The 120ED is a good scope, but not quite in the same league.

I seem to have very similar preferences to John. A 130mm triplet, or similar fluorite doublet (FS128) would be high up on my 'dream scope' list.

To a degree, the level of portability is important. If you want to take it places then an FC-100DC is hard to beat. Outside that, a TSA120 would be lovely, although heavy and with a longer cool down. I do think an APM/LZOS130 f9 is a great scope as John is finding out, but that is definitely a case of being lucky on the used market.

So, an FS128 or a TSA120, or hope that Tak produce the FS125 people keep talking about.

I notice a good step up from my fc100df to my 130mm triplet. If portability is less of a factor because you have your 76mm tak then imo I think a tsa-120 fits the bill. Shorter than the DL on transportation since it’s dew shield can be retracted and not too heavy at 6.7kgs. Trutek are selling them for about £650 over your budget, worth saving the extra or looking out for one second hand.

we have been waiting for an fc125 for quite a while now ? 

oh I forgot - there’s always this option..?

http://www.agemaoptics.com/telescopes/agema-120-sd/

Archived