NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

sequence generator pro.

mark skelton

image.thumb.png.f3dee0978f1a6b5a8e5d1555f215abde.png

The ASCOM driver entry from SX looks as above, it is available under ( for Windows 10 )

Remove in Settings

• On the Start  menu, select Settings .

• Select Apps.

• Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Regards

Martin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/7/2018 at 17:36, artem said:

image.thumb.png.f3dee0978f1a6b5a8e5d1555f215abde.png

The ASCOM driver entry from SX looks as above, it is available under ( for Windows 10 )

Remove in Settings

• On the Start  menu, select Settings .

• Select Apps.

• Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Regards

Martin

Already looked in there, unable to find the file there

And Mark, read the details under the LINK above with care, you will not only be able to remove the old SX ASCOM driver, you SHOULD be also able to install the new driver by FORCING the installation..:hello2:

Just read the page and then donwload the file and see if it works, I am crossing my fingers already now..

Cheers and good luck :headbang:

Martin

18 minutes ago, artem said:

Hello Mark try this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Regards " someday you will find a solution " never say never and never give up.. :icon_albino:

Martin

Tried that one first no luck then did went through the sx ascom installer v6.2.1.17140 properties ran the trouble shooter there and it came up as incompatible program.

You could have a look in the registry to see if there's any sign of it without resorting to actually editing it.

Maybe enquire of SX what it writes to the registry, many years ago I had a little program that recorded all the stuff that a program scattered about when it installed so you could remove it all manually, I guess there's no need of such a thing nowadays, in theory :)

Dave

7 minutes ago, mark skelton said:

Already posted a question on their support site 

What did you ask them / not very quick responding in my experience so best to get all your questions one query :)

Dave

1 minute ago, mark skelton said:

Problem looks like now sorted. went onto the sx.ascom support group and found a topic :- (842) can't de install driver. Followed their instructions and now the sequence generator pro beta has picked up my camera  

:hello2:

2 minutes ago, mark skelton said:

Problem looks like now sorted. went onto the sx.ascom support group and found a topic :- (842) can't de install driver. Followed their instructions and now the sequence generator pro beta has picked up my camera  

Great news, glad you got it sorted :thumbright:

Archived