Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sequence generator pro.

mark skelton

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mark Skelton, here is how you could get your TRIUS work with SGP..

1) install the latest ASCOM DRIVER from, http://www.daddog.com/ascom/sxcamera " if after installtion & in SGP the SX CCD is still not available "

2) Then open the ASCOM Profile Explorer and locate the camera/ASCOM.sxCameraq.Imaging0.Camera section and change the "Enable Untested" value from "False" to "True", then just close the ASCOM Profile Explorer " that should save your changed setting "

Once done, start SGP and see if you will find your STARLIGHT XPRESS CCD and connect..

I have also an SX CCD " SXV M25C " and mine works great with SGP.. 

Good luck and a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018

Martin 

Yep as @artem notes you need the Bret McKee ASCOM driver from the page linked.  There is no native support for SX Trius cameras in SGP.  Once you install the driver and restart SGP it should show up in the camera selection drop down.  I didn't have to do anything more with my 814 and it works fine. 

The only thing that doesn't work with this driver is the percentage of cooling power being used, as apparently the camera has no way of reporting this information to the driver.

33 minutes ago, artem said:

1) install the latest ASCOM DRIVER from, http://www.daddog.com/ascom/sxcamera " if after installtion & in SGP the SX CCD is still not available "

2) Then open the ASCOM Profile Explorer and locate the camera/ASCOM.sxCameraq.Imaging0.Camera section and change the "Enable Untested" value from "False" to "True", then just close the ASCOM Profile Explorer " that should save your changed setting "

Once done, start SGP and see if you will find your STARLIGHT XPRESS CCD and connect..

Martin 

Did Update my comment with " if after installtion & in SGP the SX CCD is still not available " then move to workaround mentioned under point 2..

12 hours ago, artem said:

Martin 

Ok had a look in the profile explorer all I got is the following drivers :- SBIGSG4. camera, simulator.camera, sxguide0. camera, sxmain0.camera,  sxmain2.camera (lodestar), tuopcam. camera. tried all of these with no luck yet when I nebulosity that software picks up the camera as starlight express USB

OK :evil5:, let me ask you a question ( maybe you did not read the above explanation/S with care :help: ).. OK, once again.. did you install the ASCOM DRIVER ?? http://www.daddog.com/ascom/sxcamera :evil5:  "see also SUPPORTED CCD list"

And also during the installtion process did you choose the correct SX CCD " SX674 MONO " ? Since I did  the same on my Laptop ( I do not have an SX674 ) but in SGP I can find the SX674 in the CCD DROP DOWN LIST..:happy9:

The Workaround to edit the CCD settings in ASCOM PROFILE EXPLORER was only an extra information, just in case the CCD status was set to FALSE in the ASCOM PROFILE ) else if you install the ASCOM DRIVER and pick the correct CCD during installtion, in SGP the CCD SX674 should be shown without any additional actions in ASCOM PROFILE EXPLORER..

Please.. follow the installation process correctly and step by step.. and report back..

Martin

12 hours ago, mark skelton said:

Tried that it says that I've got an earlier version installed already and that it should be uninstalled but I can't find it in the control panel.

Unusual :happy9:, since when I install the latest SX ASCOM DRIVER, duiring the installtion process, it automatically UNINSTALLS the earlier SX ASCOM DRIVER and installs then the new one..

Which Windows version do you use ?? I have WIN10 64BIT !

Martin

9 hours ago, artem said:

Unusual :happy9:, since when I install the latest SX ASCOM DRIVER, duiring the installtion process, it automatically UNINSTALLS the earlier SX ASCOM DRIVER and installs then the new one..

Which Windows version do you use ?? I have WIN10 64BIT !

Martin

I also thought that'll would be the case but I had a message saying a previous version of this driver that cannot be automatically be removed was detected and that I should via the control panel remove it before installation can be done. Like you I have WIN10 64BIT.

When i go to remove prgrams/features there is no ASCOM DRIVER FOR SX CCD in the list and no mention of it anywhere, in any search - i have tried different versions of the ascom platform (6sp1, 6.2 and the latest 6.3) and i always get this error:

install_error.jpg

59 minutes ago, mark skelton said:

When i go to remove prgrams/features there is no ASCOM DRIVER FOR SX CCD in the list and no mention of it anywhere, in any search - i have tried different versions of the ascom platform (6sp1, 6.2 and the latest 6.3) and i always get this error:

install_error.jpg

You can search installed drivers using the command prompt by typing querydriver don't know if it will show up though.

May have to edit it out of the registry.

Dave

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

If you plug it in the driver may show up in Device Manager and it may be possible to delete it from there.

Dave

I've already done that, only the starlight xpress driver is shown and not the ascom driver which is the one that I'm having the trouble with.

3 minutes ago, mark skelton said:

I've already done that, only the starlight xpress driver is shown and not the ascom driver which is the one that I'm having the trouble with.

Did you try getting the command prompt and typing querydriver to get a list of installed drivers ?

Dave

15 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Did you try getting the command prompt and typing querydriver to get a list of installed drivers ?

Dave

Done that and I had the following message :- 'querydriver' is not recognized as an internal or external command operational program or batch file.

1 hour ago, mark skelton said:

Done that and I had the following message :- 'querydriver' is not recognized as an internal or external command operational program or batch file.

You need the admin cmd, this one you may have to do a search of C:\ to find one, on my Win10 I can right click the close button and one comes up in the pop up list.

Dave

CMD.thumb.PNG.ad6ebd064edbd8920e456846027f4c4e.PNG

15 hours ago, Davey-T said:

You need the admin cmd, this one you may have to do a search of C:\ to find one, on my Win10 I can right click the close button and one comes up in the pop up list.

Dave

CMD.thumb.PNG.ad6ebd064edbd8920e456846027f4c4e.PNG

How will it appear in this window?

1 hour ago, mark skelton said:

How will it appear in this window?

Don't really know, just thought it might show up then at least you'll know it's hiding somewhere but you will probably have to edit the registry to get rid of it so you need to know what it's called.

Dave

Archived