SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Two Bright Satellites Side By Side - 21:40 Tonight!

Hi,

I have just come in form observing, and at about 21:40, I saw two bright satellites, about a finger width apart, (one to the left of the other) in the sky, close to Zenith. They were both pretty bright, maybe Deneb or Vega magnitude? And faded in Cassiopia. :shock:

Unfortunately, I only saw them from about Zenith to Cassiopia, and am not sure if they were as bright before then...

A search on Heavens above reveals nothing - there were no Iridium Flares, or ISS and ATV passes at the time. :smiley:

Can anybody shed some light onto this please - it was a great sight!

Remy

Fair Play :shocked:

Are we actually sure that it was two Iridium flares? Like I said, Heavens Above has no mention of them at that time...

Very stunning either way! :)

Remy

I only meant what a coincidence. :smiley:

It was great that you and others also noticed these Remy, Can't be sure if it was Iridium flares but they appeared and disappeared very quick, and seemed to be closely following about 1 or a little more degrees apart before quickly disappearing, so i would have thought they were?

Jeff.

Archived