NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Santa was very nice this year!!

Victor Boesen

This year I had a couple of astro-related stuff on my wish-list:

Helios apollo 15x70
castell 1,25" UHC and Olll
castell 2" Olll
and Scott Kelly's book Endurance

These together are very expansive, so I expected to get some money so that I can buy everything myself, but I was in for a treat.
Firstly I got the Helios Apollo and I was a happy chap, but afterward I also got the filters and the book, so I ended up being even happier.
IMG_7426.thumb.JPG.ac8b8e4d00c71385d6460a0f952d5c66.JPGIMG_7427.thumb.JPG.1a396eab6a8b465afcf7ddcd188a00c4.JPGIMG_7428.thumb.JPG.bb82b4f8e5b2d96fbc038b1a7bec5b9c.JPGIMG_7429.thumb.JPG.6af1b2ace20eb73514dc3abc65c0fcae.JPG
This night I woke up at 2am because I had to pee, and it had been cloudy and raining all day, but when I looked out the window the sky was suddenly crystal clear. I couldn't resist to have a look with my new binocular and filters, so I had a semi-first light from inside the house.

Clear skies, merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Victor

being a nonconformist to religion, i don't actually get stuff at this time of year, but having had a wee windfall i've sent myself the following prezzies:

an almost new focus ecoboost
a 1000x750 CNC router
a CNC mini-mill
a new super-dooper computer
a soldering/hot air reflow station
an AZ EQ6-GT (when the shop opens)
a new leisure battery

and if the mood takes me, a 1600MM-Cool

15 minutes ago, Dave_D said:

being a nonconformist to religion, i don't actually get stuff at this time of year, but having had a wee windfall i've sent myself the following prezzies:

an almost new focus ecoboost
a 1000x750 CNC router
a CNC mini-mill
a new super-dooper computer
a soldering/hot air reflow station
an AZ EQ6-GT (when the shop opens)
a new leisure battery

and if the mood takes me, a 1600MM-Cool

I saw your thread about how much you could sell your old mounts for. I guess the az eq6-gt will be replacing them. Will be interesting to see your results with it!

Archived