Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ3 Pro part question

Thalestris24

I can't find the link now Louise, but it goes under the head and then you attach the holder for the controller to the cylinder.  The reason I think is that the controller was originally designed to go with the tripod with the round metal legs (hence the round clip on the back of the controller holder) and so it earthed that way.  With the flatter aluminium legs that isn't possible.

Helen

3 minutes ago, Helen said:

I can't find the link now Louise, but it goes under the head and then you attach the holder for the controller to the cylinder.  The reason I think is that the controller was originally designed to go with the tripod with the round metal legs (hence the round clip on the back of the controller holder) and so it earthed that way.  With the flatter aluminium legs that isn't possible.

Helen

Ah right - seems a bit bizarre. I've got the mount head on an heq5 tripod so I guess I don't need the mystery part! Not sure about earthing anything - the hand controller is plastic...

Anyway, thanks for enlightening me!

Louise

That part is for holding on the module with the on/off switch. sorry forget the actual name of that part.....See the picture below for how it is placed on my EQ3 Pro.

I believe for older versions of the EQ3 this fits the holder for the hand controller itself but newer ones it is there for that module instead.

20171223_174504.thumb.jpg.f2b96f8aa12dc301ac6e8574d2abcc72.jpg

53 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Um, I can't see where the flat part goes? Though I guess it still only applies to the aluminium tripod.

Sorry, I should have shown that first time also :) see below (excuse the picture quality). Basically the screw that you use to attach the head onto the tripod goes through the small hole at the flat end of the bar before it screws into the tripod and is held level when the head is attached and the screw is tight......hope that makes sense. The rounded end is shaped ready for the switch module.......

Of course this is only needed if one of the holders you have with the mount will fit the rounded end of that bar.

20171223_190346.thumb.jpg.d1d7bb88e1f48d8ac4feb301601bbc68.jpg

Ah, I see now! Thanks :). My interface module holder has the rounded plastic clip on it but it's fine on the heq5 tripod. The hand controller has a velcro fastener but is also ok on the tripod. I've noticed that the eq3 version sold in Canada/the States has the heq5 style tripod - and gps! Seems like we get palmed off with the cheapo version!

Louise

Archived