NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

APT

That means, :hello2:

you can "Connect to and communicate with Stellarium 0.17 or newer (http://stellarium.org/). If Stellarium is installed on the local machine enter for IP address 127.0.0.1. The default Port is 8090. If Stellarium is on a remote machine set the IP and Port used there."

See also the HELP FILE

Good new function :icon_albino:

Regards

Martin

16 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Yes just installed both, and communicating together... :)

I will try later, when I am home.. I have already the latest version of STELLARIUM, will download the latest APT version and try it then..

Good luck

Martin

1 hour ago, artem said:

That means, :hello2:

you can "Connect to and communicate with Stellarium 0.17 or newer (http://stellarium.org/). If Stellarium is installed on the local machine enter for IP address 127.0.0.1. The default Port is 8090. If Stellarium is on a remote machine set the IP and Port used there."

See also the HELP FILE

Good new function :icon_albino:

Regards

Martin

I mean what benefit does this offer me as a user?  Does it automatically platesolve or the likes?

4 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I mean what benefit does this offer me as a user?  Does it automatically platesolve or the likes?

There will be a connection / Link between APT + STELLARIUM.. by inserting the  "IP address 127.0.0.1. The default Port is 8090.".. and APT will interact with STELLARIUM..

Plate solving is already available in APT since long time.. 

Regards

Martin

20 minutes ago, artem said:

There will be a connection / Link between APT + STELLARIUM.. by inserting the  "IP address 127.0.0.1. The default Port is 8090.".. and APT will interact with STELLARIUM..

Plate solving is already available in APT since long time.. 

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin

I think this is getting lost in translation!  So I'll just try it out for myself.  I'm just failing to understand the benefits of a stellarium and APT connection, but it could be obvious.  I understand that it links with both, but what does this actually mean physically when I use it the programs

13 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi Martin

I think this is getting lost in translation!  So I'll just try it out for myself.  I'm just failing to understand the benefits of a stellarium and APT connection, but it could be obvious. 

Hi tooth_dr 

Execatly, doing it yourself :bunny:  is the best way not to get lost in the translationn :cussing:, just try it.. I will try it myelf this evening..

Good luck :hello2: Martin :glasses6:

8 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Very good Martin what can you now do that you couldn’t before?

Hi tooth,

I think the issue is that you can use Stellarium / Stellarium Scope with APT, whereas previously you could not.

When I use APT, I used it with Cartes du Ceil. This meant that once I had platesolved and sync' d I the two I could skew to whatever object I wanted to.

So in short, you can now use Stellarium AND CDC with APT.

HTH

2 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

Hi tooth,

I think the issue is that you can use Stellarium / Stellarium Scope with APT, whereas previously you could not.

When I use APT, I used it with Cartes du Ceil. This meant that once I had platesolved and sync' d I the two I could skew to whatever object I wanted to.

HTH

Perfectly clear uplooker! That is very handy.

8 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

Hi tooth,

HTH

Skytechx also ,APT has come on leaps and bounds ,it`s a bit like a swiss army knife for the astrophotographer

Archived