Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan Hand Controller

Thalestris24

Come to think of it, you could always hook up a UPS.. that would allow you to run it off mains and have the UPS as backup in case of power failures.... Of course I'm presuming that power failures is why you want a battery backup in the first place....

Hi

Well, thanks for the responses! I'm used to using my nexstar+ controller on the AVX which has a battery backup for the settings. My PC interface uses the hand controller so I switch on, accept the time (or adjust if it's drifted much) and select quick align, then I'm good to go with the PC. As I just got an eq3 pro with Synscan, and which I wanted to try standalone, it would be good not to have to input all the settings every time. I might try hooking it up to a pp3 to see if that's enough to just hold the settings :). If anyone has done it, I'd be interested to know :)

Louise

Archived