Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which filter wheel + focuser

Andyk93

Hi, I have an atik 383l+ with a WO star71 II and I also have a cheap manual filter wheel with 1.25 inch filters. I get light leak if it’s not 100% dark because there is a tiny gap in the filter wheel where you change filters. I’m looking for a motorised filter wheel for my setup but am wondering if any motorised wheel will do the job or if I have to get the specific atik one. I would also like to know what motorised focuser would be best for my scope? I use sgpro for capturing on my laptop. Thanks

Any filter wheel should work, with correct spacing, but the Atik will work straight from the box...it is really the best in my opinion...there is a new one for sale on ABS at a good price.. :) not so sure about focuser, i use the Pegasus Astro one and it works a treat..

2 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Any filter wheel should work, with correct spacing, but the Atik will work straight from the box...it is really the best in my opinion... :)

Thanks, I have only ever heard good things about it

The Atik wheel is beautifully made, and just works. I recently posted on here somewhere that I hadn't had a single problem with mine, and then the very next night managed to rip out the USB connector somehow!

Dropped it into the Atik stand at the IAS and it arrived back a few days later good as new, so top marks for service too. There is an in depth review by Steve Richards on the FLO website I think.

HTH

Tim

+1 for the Atik.  I have 2 EFW2's and the EFW3 incoming and really cannot fault them at all.  I also have the SX wheel and the only benefit this has is that it is powered from USB only, so doesn't require a power supply.

The Lakeside focuser from Ian King works a treat with the Star 71, and it comes with a custom bracket so bolts straight on.

15 hours ago, Tim said:

The Atik wheel is beautifully made, and just works. I recently posted on here somewhere that I hadn't had a single problem with mine, and then the very next night managed to rip out the USB connector somehow!

Tim

So did I!!! Damn!!!!!

Not Atik's fault.

Because I like to use Artemis Capture I prefer to use the Atik wheel which, as Tim says, is beautifully made.

Olly

Archived