Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horsehead and Jellyfish. Ha. DSLR and Star 71

StargeezerTim

1 hour ago, MarsG76 said:

With DSLRs delivering quality like this, who needs a cooled CCD?

To be honest, a cooled camera sounds great. I think these were OK as it was about -1C when I captured the subs. I can't see me going down the CCD route, mainly because I want to avoid using a laptop when imaging. The 100D is great, it is so light and small, I initially thought it was cheap and wouldn't last but its proved a real workhorse that delivers better quality than my 550D and the 1200D.

16 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

To be honest, a cooled camera sounds great. I think these were OK as it was about -1C when I captured the subs. I can't see me going down the CCD route, mainly because I want to avoid using a laptop when imaging. The 100D is great, it is so light and small, I initially thought it was cheap and wouldn't last but its proved a real workhorse that delivers better quality than my 550D and the 1200D.

Ofcourse CCD are the crem' de la crem for imaging space... but as you can see, if care is taken, DSLRs are very capable cameras.

Archived