Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not giving up on Jupiter!

Special K

I've been spotting Jupiter out the window in the mornings now and finally got a rare chance to go for it today!  Very cold and clear here overnight so I cooled the ED80. I must say how refreshing it is to look at this system again!  The moon dance is a welcome sight and despite a low ALT, the planet will still give some decent amount of detail. I could not make out much more than distinct NEB & SEB features during moments of good seeing.  In moments of poor seeing it doesn't look much more than a Whimpy Burger!  The point of opportunity seems best around 6-7am where it is hanging at ~18 degrees.   

This is one to watch especially as conjunction with Mars nears just after New Years.  It looks to be getting up to 22 degrees ALT by then.  Enjoy!

So if poor seeing is a Wimpy Burger I suppose good seeing I see a Big Mac (more layers, better contrast). What’s the GRS? Blob of ketchup?...

I will now never look at Jupiter the same...

maybe I should move over to the campbells meatball system? Or the Dumpling with Onion ring system....

Archived