Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Should I fit the barlow in or not?

N3ptune

Should I perce a hole to add the barlow in the box or not?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should I perce a hole to add the barlow in the box or not?

• Yes
    • No

I can't make up my mind if I should pierce a hole in that foam to slide in my Barlow vertically. Or if I should simply keep the Barlow in a separate box inside my tool chest. The cardboard box with the eyepieces goes inside my tool chest.. there is a bit more space for more eyepieces in there, but it's less accessible. I thought the celestron barlow would be history after I recieved the starguider but it turned out the Starguider goes really well that that barlow and it's still useful for the moon, so I want to keep it and love it for many years.

Can't tell right now.. so I'll let the result of this poll decide the outcome for me. :icon_biggrin:

td30MbN.jpg?1

Please vote, thanks.

It doesn't look to me that your EP-box has the space needed for that gadget - unless you took out that little guy. What is that little one? An orthoscopic perhaps?

So I'll defer on my vote - but then vote 'No' after you've evicted the small EP and carved-out another hole for the Barlow.....Ain't I a stinker? :p

Dave

Excelsior!

:p it's so complicated that little box of eyepieces... that's exactly what I think, it's too jam pack in there. The little guy is my child, the lovely 7mm OR-HD from japan, I had very good customer service buying it from KK too. I can't take it out of the cardboard box..

I thought of getting the OR-HD out but if it could talk to me, it would be sad.

lxXCcYq.jpg?1

Not excelsior for mr. 7mm. or Mr. Fujiyama

I vote for you to get a proper case to securely hold those eyepieces and barlow.  I've got two of these from Walmart for holding my C-team and binoviewer eyepieces, binoviewer and diagonal.  I think I paid $10 to $15 each for them here in Texas.  They're a bit flimsy when open, but are pretty rigid when closed.  They're miles ahead of storing eyepieces in foam lined boxes in tool chests.  I know, I've been there.

Good suggestion, Louis.

I've found that as soon as you put the word 'Astro' in front of a product-description, the price jumps by 100% or more! So those $17.00 cases you linked, if you found them in Orion or such called a 'Astro-Case,' would probably cost $59.95 (+ shipping!).

Keep this in mind when looking for peripherals, folks.

Dave

My mom tells me the same thing, she told me my little box is not a proper case for my eyepiece and offered to buy me a case... I think ill ask her the case for Christmas, 15$ from wallmart, that would seal the deal for Christmas. (:

@Dave In Vermont it's true the cases are overprices at the astro store and I am not buying there no more. But guess what, i found a Makita large case for a drill i think, it's heavy duty and big enough to fit a small Maksutov inside. It's waiting for better days in a pile of crap at the job. Too big for EPS but someday I'll stick some foam inhere and a nice little Maksutov, so i can join the Maksutov club eventually.

Archived