Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging with camera lenses. Attaching to mount advice?

pc387

Hi,

I've been imaging with an atik 460; EFW2 with both 300mm and 180mm lenses. 

These both have lens collars, so can attach to a dovetail fairly easily (EFW2 in upright position). I now want to try imaging with lenses ranging from 50mm to 100mm, and was wondering how people attach similar configurations to their mounts?

I've tried scope rings, but found them fiddly to use. I notice ZWO produce a collar for some of their cameras (79mm diameter), and was wondering if something similar exists to fit an Atik (60mm diameter). Would a Borg 60mm clam shell fit, and hold the camera?

I  would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

pc387

Thanks James,

I actually started off imaging with one of these with Nikon lenses+ my OSC camera. However when I switched to mono, i found I couldn't use these with the 460 +Nikon lenses and a EFW2 in the train to get focus. I'ts still a great bit of kit and well engineered.

pc387

Ah, fair enough.  The only other thing that springs to mind then, perhaps not ideal, is munsen rings, which is what I use to mount my PST tube since I modded it and removed the "black box".  I used a pair of slightly larger internal diameter than I required and lined them with self-adhesive felt.  Assuming you can find some of an appropriate diameter perhaps they could be used to clamp the camera body?

Or perhaps even the clips for rainwater downpipes would do the job.  I'd be a bit concerned about flex in the clips there though.

James

Archived