Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Into Cancer and the" winter Albireos ".

We're lucky , under a moonlit sky the seeing was very good ,  to have fine binaries to observe. 

M44 ( " The Beehive") holds several binaries, SLE 337 ( 22.8"),SLE 336 (31.7"), Σ1249 (25.1"), SLE 332(21.2") and a bright Σ1254. All of  these were easy in the 102. 

I was very pleased to get 57 Cancri split, a clean 1.6" at x180.

Tegmine (Zeta) presented a peanut , even at  higher mags ,very easy 1.1" in the 150.

Σ1245 gave a wide 10".

Iota Cancri looked just gorgeous , yellow and blue , the "winter Albireo". The other being the narrower h3945 in Canis Major, caught later along with a blood red "Hind's Crimson " in Lepus.

Sigma 1 gave the delicate cone (triple) at x50.

Σ1311 gave an apricot to red view of near twins at x50.

Fingers got a bit cold for the drawing. I did notice that after removing my thin cycling gloves that they warmed up, increased circulation when they feel cold ? Got over to Orion to have a shot at some favourites , sigma, Meissa,the iota group, Alnitak and Mintaka.

Here's to clear skies ! Nick.

Thanks for that. Some interesting targets.

Although I do mostly AP. I still enjoy reading of what folks actually see and will point my scope at those more interesting targets, such as "Iota Cancri looked just gorgeous , yellow and blue , the "winter Albireo"" 

Thanks

Clear skies !!

Archived