Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Please Help Me Upgrade My Mount...

PhotoGav

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a bit late into this thread, but here is my two pennarth:

I have had a Mesu 200 since 2014, I am a firm believer in the mount being key to an imaging set up, and I didn’t want to buy another, so after briefly considering a second hand Paramount, I went with the Mesu, and definitely no regrets 3 years on. It’s lifted and carried to every session, put away in a flight case, taken to remote sites and it’s never missed a beat. There have been some well publicised issues with the Sitech controller from time to time, (mine, however, has been trouble free to date) but the after sales support looks to be first class from Sidereal Technology, and they are used by high end manufacturers and a sizeable amateur astronomer base alike.

When you consider the hours logged on Olly’s original Mesu, I feel relaxed about the mechanical longevity here in the UK.

Mine is ridiculously under loaded at the moment (102 mm frac) but I plan to put a 12” F8 RC  on it when I retire, and it’s good to know I don’t need to consider a mount upgrade when the time comes.

Whilst I'm not up there with the imaging titans like Steve, Barry, Sara, Olly and other Mesu owners, I must say that the quality of the MESU is absolutely stunning and it works brilliantly.  A tour de force in engineering. In every case where I have encountered gremlins, they are software related.   As Olly always says "The Mesu just works".  Indeed it does.

Archived