NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bill Paolini's review of some Masuyamas

YKSE

I suppose on the face of it this confirms again that different makes of eyepieces at the same focal length can react differently depending on the target they are tested on. Obviously seemingly some makes and designs of eyepieces perform better on one type of target and on another target then perform not so well than a eyepiece at the same focal ratio. Horse's for courses I suppose, no one eyepiece performs best on everything and therefore does that mean a dedicated astronomer needs to get different eyepieces at the same focal ratio and choose the target he is targeting and get the best eyepiece at that focal length for that particular target?. Going to need more money and a bigger eyepiece case if I need say four different eyepieces at the same focal ratio to get the best possible views?   

Archived