NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik GP as a guide cam.... thoughts

swag72

It looks like my Lodestar MAY be developing a fault..... for absolutely no reason and at totally irregular times it drops out from PHD2. I have changed cables and it still does it. There's nothing loose as I've had it running during the day and wiggled everything and it still doesn't disconnect. This is starting to happen now more often. 

I have a colour Atik GP and so I've decided that this can be pressed into service on the dual rig with the AA mini guider...... Any thoughts on the GP as a guide cam? Does it open easily enough with PHD2? Good drivers? Any other thoughts on it?

Hi Sara

I have the GP (mono) with my AtikOne package as an OAG and it works just fine with PHD2 and SGP. Drivers are up to date - and maintained well by Atik.

As the saying goes.... does what it says on the tin!

2 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Just remember Sara the colour version will not be as sharp as the mono version due to the bayer matrix.

Steve

I don't *think* that will be an issue? Never used a colour guidecam before so if I have it wrong, I'm happy to be corrected :) 

12 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Well knowing your skies are pretty good you should find plenty of guide stars. I reckon an old box brownie strapped to your rig would suffice :)

Steve

You don't realise that my skies really aren't that good.... I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago, in a secluded place, and the sky was 100x better than mine! Yes I have more clear, but my sky quality is nothing to shout about.

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

You don't realise that my skies really aren't that good.... I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago, in a secluded place, and the sky was 100x better than mine! Yes I have more clear, but my sky quality is nothing to shout about.

Well I didn't realise that, I assumed they would be clearer. All I can say Sara is that you ought to present a masterclass on imaging and processing because your images are astounding.

Steve

Archived