Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher heritage 100p

40 minutes ago, DavidJM said:

I have both the 100P and 200P, the 100 gets used massively, easy to use and set up

If by any chance both scopes are up and running aside each other sometime this season, would you be able to snap an image of any target, day or night, preferably an astronomical target, with your mobile phone's camera, just so that I/we can see the difference in image resolution/scale between these two scopes?

Out of personal preference, if the 100P could use an 8mm EP and the 200P use a 12mm EP that would satisfy my needs ?
Or if any other member of SGL having the same setup that could provide an image, it'll be much appreciated.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Charic said:

If by any chance both scopes are up and running aside each other sometime this season, would you be able to snap an image of any target, day or night, preferably an astronomical target, with your mobile phone's camera, just so that I/we can see the difference in image resolution/scale between these two scopes?

Out of personal preference, if the 100P could use an 8mm EP and the 200P use a 12mm EP that would satisfy my needs ?
Or if any other member of SGL having the same setup that could provide an image, it'll be much appreciated.

Will do but please bear in mind a) we haven't had a decent clear sky here for what seems months and B) I'm not into photography. There is a big difference in scopes though and you also have to factor in other points such as light pollution, usage etc. 

Only Months? ............ this Year has been bad! just crazy weather over my part of Scotland, but I'm in no rush at all, as long as it takes.
I understand the other factors, but whatever the conditions, just as long as their the same time,  under the same condition.
I just wanted to see an example image, phone style, and your the first  person to say you have both scopes at the same time.

If you are looking for example views there is the astronomy tools page in the resources link.  The is an app in that which will demonstrate the view that could be seen with different telescopes.

Cheers JOC.

That helps, but what I'm hoping to see is a real photo comparison taken from both scopes under real conditions.

I wish I'd done the same for the Celestron 127EQ in comparison to my Skyliner.
I'd also like to see the difference between the TAL100RS and the Skyliner, as the TAL was joint favourite to purchase  in the very beginning! 

Archived