NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ideas for guiding?

Well after several months spent with the StarAdventurer Mini i realised that I will need autoguiding to get longer exposures (no tracking I archieved 3min tracking)

Is there any really cheap autoguiding systems?

My budget is around 100-150€

I hope that someone can help me :)

What are you imaging with at the moment?

You'll need a guide camera and some sort of guide scope, you'll need some way to mount it as well so need to consider weight.

A normal finder scope can be used to guide with.

Dave

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

What are you imaging with at the moment?

You'll need a guide camera and some sort of guide scope, you'll need some way to mount it as well so need to consider weight.

A normal finder scope can be used to guide with.

Dave

At the moment 600D and 50mm or 100-400mm 

Might seem a silly question, but why do you want longer exposures? With 3 minute exposure and a fast (f2.8/3.5?) lens the camera will be collecting a lot of light.

If you wish to bring out details in your images the way to achieve that is to take lots of exposures, stack them (e.g. Deep Sky Stacker) and process (stretch) the final image (e.g. Photoshop or GIMP). Longer exposure isn't always the way to go, especially as you are probably at the limit of the SAM.

14 hours ago, bobro said:

Might seem a silly question, but why do you want longer exposures? With 3 minute exposure and a fast (f2.8/3.5?) lens the camera will be collecting a lot of light.

If you wish to bring out details in your images the way to achieve that is to take lots of exposures, stack them (e.g. Deep Sky Stacker) and process (stretch) the final image (e.g. Photoshop or GIMP). Longer exposure isn't always the way to go, especially as you are probably at the limit of the SAM.

Its not a silly question! :)

I agree with you and I decided not to go for autoguiding becouse 3min exp.is more than enought :)

• 2 months later...

Archived