Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OSC Image - No Colour... Help!!

Evening All,

I'm having a few problems here..  Generally i image using a mono camera both LRGB and NB.  Stacking (be it in DSS or PI) normally works fine and i can bring out an image which looks half decent with some nice colour.

Last night was the first real attempt at using a One Shot Colour - Starlight Express SXVR M25C.   I have done a few test shots in the past and with some help worked out the Bayer Matrix - which is GBRG.

I have tried stacking in DSS and PI - both with the debayer set to GBRG.   When i then start to process the image, i can not get any colours which are typical of the target - which is M31.

I'm pretty much at a lose end on where to go from here.  Either i am doing something fundamentally wrong, or something in the stacking/debayering process is going amiss.

Here is a link to an image which has been stacked in DSS:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpsyim0ox3ogndn/DSS_Stacked.TIF?dl=0

If someone has a few mins and would be kind enought to have a look and see where things might be going wrong it would surely be appreciated.

Rgds
Aidan

Can you post a single frame - untouched in any way - it looks as though the wrong colours are mapped to the wrong channels.

I am not familiar with DSS but if you post an untouched single sub I can have a look which Bayer matrix works on it.

Have you tried BGGR - some time ago I had the same camera and vaguely remember that the correct matrix sounded like a naughty word which helped me to remember it !!

I have tried to download your TIF file and open it in PS and MaxIm without success but I suspect that this is an offset issue. Perhaps you could post up a single FITS file before any processing/debayering has taken place to dropbox. I have an M25C and find it very good so I feel sure this can be sorted.

Thanks chaps,

i know we looked at this a few months ago steve when i was looking to get and eventually go thte sxvr 25.   At the time i only had a few frames to work with.  As requested, a single frame direct from the camera

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg6bt7jsmymjy63/M31_OSC_Light_27_10_2017_214825_Starlight Xpress M25C_None_0600_frame13_1x1_-19C.fit?dl=0

Rgds
Aidan

I just downloaded your image, and it looks like you've chosen wrong Bayer matrix settings. But all is not lost :D

Just swap red and blue channels and image will be ok (although it will need color calibration, white balance)

So proper setting for Bayer matrix should be: GRBG

Thats much better using that combination for this image set.    Where i have got so confused is when i was trying to work out the correct matrix using an image from the camera earlier in the year, If i use the matrix that i started with GBRG the image came out debayered.   If i used the the suggested Vlaiv you could see the grid.  

But, this seems to be ok now using GRBG.

Rgds
Aidan

• 4 months later...

Archived