SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

binocular astrophotgraphy section

alhiggs

What fundimentally would the difference be?

Seems all you can do is attach a camera to one half of the binocular and get an image, either eye piece projection or prime image, as it is half it is in effect a single telescope. If objective size were a factor I have a 70mm scope that is smaller then many of the medium to big binoculars. 80mm objective binoculars are not uncommon and there is the WO Star 71 which is smaller.

2 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Is there such a thing, on the market, to hold a camera in the right range of clamps and holders to position the camera in the correct places to take a picture? If you know of such - do you have a link?

There you go-http://www.365astronomy.com/365Astronomy-Digital-Camera-iPhone-Smartphone-Microstage-Adapter-for-Telescopes-Spotting-Scopes-and-Binoculars.html

Cheers,
Steve

None of the existing imaging sections are purely for imaging thorough a telescope only so I think any images taken through a binocular can go in those same sections.

We don’t create forum areas anymore unless there are already enough posts about that subject to warrant splitting it off and I don’t see enough binocular astrophotography to need this at present.

Archived