Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

connection losing from camera mini usb to laptop usb

philip57

Hi,

Can anyone help

I have my canon 450d camera connected to my laptop with a usb to mini usb cable. I am losing connection to my camera for imaging because of the connection at the camera end . If you fiddle the cable as it enters the camera mini usb slot you can get a connection but just touch it and its lost again making life almost impossibe trying to image.

I am not sure whether its the cable or the camera mini usb slot itself. Has anyone had this problem and does any firm repair canon cameras, surely i dont have to buy a new camera for such a small but irritating problem.

In the mean time i will buy another cable and test if its the cable although i feel its the camera input socket although it doesnt look damaged in anyway.

I hope that someone might offer any helful advice

Philip

Hi. Just jam a piece of plastic -thin flexible margarine tub type is good- about half the width of the mini usb against the wider side of the plug as you insert it into the female on the camera. Leave it fixed in the camera if you can. HTH.

Hi I've had a couple of 450d's & I have to be honest the mini usb connector is notoriously weak!

I had exactly what you are describing an intermittent connection. In the end both of mine gradually separated from the main motherboard, I had to move over to one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timer-Remote-Control-Shutter-Release-For-Canon-600D-60D-550D-500D-450D-700D-70D-/112453258280?hash=item1a2ebc8c28:g:Rg4AAOSwyWZZTIey

Archived