NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon observation using Nexstar 5se

Astro_king

Hi,

I am still in the process of building my observatory and a clear night befell on us last night so was too tired to go outside and set my heq5/C8 up.

I opened the curtains of the bedroom and voila, saw the moon shining like anything!

Quickly got my Celestron 15x70 Binos out and it was blinding bright!

Got an itch to bring my Nextstar 5se telescope and setup without the tripod on he Chester drawer next to the window and got it setup to track the moon, what amazing view and that too from behind the window!

I zoomed in using 6mm eye pieces but craters were all washed out except the very edges so sufficed to view using the 25mm celestron eyepiece.

But this has been a new realisation. I can view planets and moon from my bedroom whenever I am too lazy to go outside and set things up!

This will surely get me to observe more than normal though it won't be the same quality as the backyard.

I even took a snap through the eyepiece using my phone :)

Clear Skies

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

Archived