Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2017-10-03 - Moon Crater Eddington

N3ptune

Hello! I am proud to present my latest sketch! the crater Eddington, a sketch done at the eyepiece explore scientific 4.7mm mounted on the newton 200x1000.  There was some humidity, a halo around the moon and some turbulence but still the resolution was impressing at 212x with many moments of very stable image and a focus fairly easy to reach.

The funny thing about tonight, I planned to sketch the moon, got the gear ready outside then at the last second, took everything back inside because there was a hallo around the moon, too much light and humidity for a DSO observation. I then went here to read a few threads and gained my motivation back ?

I looked outside and the halo was gone, took back the gear out and it was pleasant after all!  (SGL is a pure source of motivation)

Pencils used HB and H.

bk6GCdT.jpg

I hope the sketch will push back some motivation to others here!

:hello2: YESS what an observation.

Beautifully drawn! :headbang:

It is definitely an inspirational sketch and should prompt others to follow your lead. I think I get fired up about the Moon in spring when it rides high in the sky and the night's begin to get warmer. I may get the scope and pencils out the next time the moon is visible and have a doodle myself.

15 hours ago, Richard Hather said:

That’s a beautifully detailed sketch really good job and your right SGL is a great source of motivation and inspiration to push yourself.

Im still dubious about sketching the moon, I will try one day and fail terribly haha ? 

Try it at some point it gets pleasant, the first 15, 30 minutes are the hardest. After that the motivations rises.

11 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Beautifully drawn! :headbang:

It is definitely an inspirational sketch and should prompt others to follow your lead. I think I get fired up about the Moon in spring when it rides high in the sky and the night's begin to get warmer. I may get the scope and pencils out the next time the moon is visible and have a doodle myself.

I hope people will be inspired by this sketch and the moon. (:  Ill be there to see your next sketch of the moon too.

Archived