NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Grus Quartet ZWO ASI 071

Benklerk

First ever mosaic turned out ok. This mosaic is 2 panel. Had a few issues trying to blend the 2 panels together. I guess its easier on a monochrome camera to do mosaics? 

The Grus Quartet (NGC 7552, NGC 7582, NGC 7590, and NGC 7599) are four large spiral galaxies, in the constellation Grus, that are physically very close together and strongly interacting. The high starburst activity of two of the members, NGC 7552 and NGC 7582, is also thought to arise from tidal galaxy-galaxy interactions and subsequent formation of a bar in the disk. Several tidal tails are visible extending from NGC 7582.

GSO 6" RC
ZWO ASI 071
HEQ5 PRO
27 x 5min

Grus Quartet.jpg

Yes, a great image!

I see that you are using your CMOS camera as a CCD with relatively few but long exposures. Seems to work nicely. Have you experimented with different times and gains?

You seem to have a top (orange) to bottom (bluish) gradient but I expect Gradient Exterminator in PS could take care of that (or something similar in PI). It has often happened to me that I have not noticed gradients in my images until I upload them here. Something with the SGL image presentation is very "good" at revealing gradients. Maybe it is the black background.

Cheers

Archived