NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7822 HA

RichLD

Hi all

It's been a few weeks since I've done any AP due to weather, family, work etc but last night I had an opportunity to shoot a nice easy NB target from my location (back yard), NGC7822.

I've been fiddling around with the widefield dual rig and currently have it set up as a double HA device - after calibration I resized the QHY9m files to match the QHY163m subs in good old Registar, resulting in around 7 hrs data in total.

Here's the result, hope you like it.

All the best

Rich ?

NGC7822-Final.thumb.jpg.e8116276c87693706813a23a1bcf0641.jpg

19 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Really, really like that one, Rich.

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

The great question mark! Super job.

Olly

Thank you both very much! I like the mono but think I'll try for an (or is that "a" ;)) HST version next year now - think I'm going to treat myself to a 3nm OIII.

1 minute ago, RichLD said:

......think I'm going to treat myself to a 3nm OIII.

Have you seen the price now? *shock* I bought a complete set of filters a couple of weeks ago (LRGB, LP and 3nm NB's) I kissed goodbye to almost £2k and that was only the small 1.25" ones 

Just now, swag72 said:

Have you seen the price now? *shock* I bought a complete set of filters a couple of weeks ago (LRGB, LP and 3nm NB's) I kissed goodbye to almost £2k and that was only the small 1.25" ones 

Strewth! Maybe I'll stick with mono! :icon_biggrin:;)

14 minutes ago, swag72 said:

A little shy of £500 ..... each ............. 

I know - terrifying isn't it? The fact that I might have to sell a camera to get a 1.25" piece of glass is quite a sobering thought! :Envy:

Archived