Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

star adventurer

jaygpoo

I have just brought a star adventurer from FLO and it arrived today. I unpacked it and inserted 4 brand new batteries. T switched it on and the leds light up. It was tracking as you could hear the motor clicking quietly. Now I press the fast left or right buttons to see if it moves. IT DOES NOT. I have moved the selector switch to all modes and again tried the fast movement buttons with nothing happening at all. At this early point do I take it that I have a DUFF one?????  Have I missed something.  Jay

Your right . I was thinking it would slew like a goto.  I focused on a star an then pressed the buttons at which point I saw the star move. The instructions are ok but like alot of astronomy gear its at times very difficult to explain what to the maker is obvious. Thanks for the reply. Jay

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, Davey-T can I ask. Once I've accuratelypolar aligned my Star Adventurer with the polar scope being in the correct 12 hour clock position. Would it hurt to use the arrow buttons to rotate RA to frame my target? Im only asking because I aim to get  Zenithstar61 soon so won't be able to mount it on a ball head.

Thanks

Ryan

16 hours ago, Ryan_86 said:

Hi guys, Davey-T can I ask. Once I've accuratelypolar aligned my Star Adventurer with the polar scope being in the correct 12 hour clock position. Would it hurt to use the arrow buttons to rotate RA to frame my target? Im only asking because I aim to get  Zenithstar61 soon so won't be able to mount it on a ball head.

Thanks

Ryan

Hi

Once the mount is polar aligned there's no problem moving a camera/lens in RA using the buttons but you have to be careful not to change the mount's DEC position. I seem to recall that getting the SA to point at a particular target can be easier said than done.... Hence, best stick to widefield.

Good luck

Louise

16 hours ago, Ryan_86 said:

Thanks

Ryan

Yes you can loosen the clutches and swing the scope around to find your target, I find a red dot finder helps to zero in on it.

Dave

Great advice thank you both??I'm trying to plan well in advance before purchasing the Z61 and a small guiding system  in readiness for next Winter. At the moment I'm doing widefield images, using a Cannon 600D and a 18-135mm lens. I'm interested to see how far I can push the SA exposure times at 135mm. 

Thanks again

Ryan

Archived