Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD Error

richyrich_one

Hi

Just thinking about getting started again after the summer shutdown and nothing appears to be working. So glad I tried this before a live night.

I have uninstalled eqmod and the ascom platform and reinstalled them both but the problem persists.

When I try and connect to the mount etc I get a runtime error 5, invalid procedure call. So I went to the toolbox and when I click on driver setup i get this

image.png.c3b476591d000e91818cfcbab9ec183c.png

Please help, I have plenty of other issues I knew I had to deal with before I get going but this was not one of them.

Many thanks

Rich

I saw this on the EQMOD group. no idea if it has any relevance here, but see the point about running explicitly with admin privileges...

I’ve posted this before. I consistently found, that with Windows 10, I needed to run the registration of EQMOD explicitly with admin privileges. That meant running it from the desktop with a right click and selecting run as administrator. That was necessary despite the fact that the account I use is an admin account. I think that a couple of other people on the forum have used this trick with success. I have an Atlas, not a EQ8, so I was leery of posting before and I don’t know what OS you are using – I’ve never had anything else since I got my mount 18 months ago. Just a thought.

Ok, so I started the pc in safe mode and driver setup works, well doesn't crash anyway.

Being safe mode there isn't much I can do with it so I might just take this oppourtunity to do a fresh install of windows. It can't get any worse...

Thanks for all the replies, I have work to do....:icon_biggrin:

2 hours ago, richyrich_one said:

I might just take this oppourtunity to do a fresh install of windows

Best thing I done this year. Well after 10 years running its like a new laptop again . Down side I forget to copy the windows updates  and that do take some time to do.

Archived