Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help needed! CCD cooling not working

Lee_P

Hi all,

Normally when I plug my QHY8L into its power source the fan starts whirring straight away. But last night this didn't happen... and I couldn't get the fan to work at all. The camera itself was still responsive, i.e. I could image with it, but with no cooling...

I tried two different power sources; ensured that the cables and connectors are firmly in place; and the various LEDs are lit up as expected. So I'm a bit puzzled.

Any ideas on what could have happened and how to fix it? I'm probably missing something obvious.

Hello Lee_P,

I also have an QHY CCD, not the same version you have, mine is the QHY163M, and the cooling fan does not start to work at the moment I plug with the power, but then and at the moment I attach CCD to USB and the CCD us recognized by WIDNOWS..

That is how it works for my QHY163M.. 

Regards

Martin   

I have the QHY183. The fan starts regardless but the camera does not cool if controlled from APT even though the imaging works fine. Using Sharpcap it all works correctly. Don't know why...something incompatible between the drivers/ operating system (7 in my case) ?

42 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

Hi Martin, and thanks for your reply. My CCD was connected via USB and recognised by Windows, so I don't think that's the problem. 

Hi Lee_P, I understand, seems as if you should contact QHY, here is the Forum link, http://www.qhyccd.com/bbs/ maybe you could ask there for help or advice.. I have the same problem with my very old SBIG ST10XME, but I did decide not to invest any money for sending to be repaird ( the costs would be something like 750-1000 USD for postage fee, customs and repairing it )

I did decide to invest the money in ASI1600 and QHY163M..

Cheers

Martin

Archived