SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astropixelprocessor or Astroart6

Doug64

Hi,

I'm looking for a software program to stack images etc taken with a modified DSLR at this time but with a view to using a mono CCD or similar in the future.  I'm looking to do away with Dark files and will hopefully use dithering, bad pixel map and a master bias instead once I've learnt how to do it.  Previously I've been using DSS but I'm now looking at the more modern programmes and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on APP and AA6.

Regards

Doug

Thanks for the replies.

I was going to get AA6 but then saw Astropixelprocessor which appeared to get good write ups so I thought i would get peoples views on them before purchasing the software.

Doug

APP suffers from being the new kid on the block so not so many people have tried it. It certainly has functions that AA6 doesn't and Sara makes a great case for it. I think it would do away with the need for Registar, for instance, should you want to get into mosaics.

Equally I'm very happy with AA, having started with V4, now on 6. I'm far from a software 'natural' and dread meeting new programmes. AA is incredibly logical and, from a stacking/calibrating point of view, incredibly fast - so you don't hesitate to try with darks/without darks/ with BPM/without BPM etc etc. It does offer all the options on your list. Not all sigma routines are equal. The one in AA5 to 6 is excellent.

Olly

7 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

APP suffers from being the new kid on the block so not so many people have tried it. It certainly has functions that AA6 doesn't and Sara makes a great case for it. I think it would do away with the need for Registar, for instance, should you want to get into mosaics.

Equally I'm very happy with AA, having started with V4, now on 6. I'm far from a software 'natural' and dread meeting new programmes. AA is incredibly logical and, from a stacking/calibrating point of view, incredibly fast - so you don't hesitate to try with darks/without darks/ with BPM/without BPM etc etc. It does offer all the options on your list. Not all sigma routines are equal. The one in AA5 to 6 is excellent.

Olly

Thanks for the input.

Doug

Archived