Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to remove hazyness from high mag moon images.

Ahgii

Hello, a few nights ago i imaged the moon, with my phone of course and the image ended up with good detail, but some hazyness, i tried lots of diffrent things, but couldnt get rid of it. Please help. Also, would like to know what do u think of the images, keep in mind that im posting only the ones with hazyness. (might have mispelled that all along but not sure, correct me if im wrong.)

IMG_3194.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3188.JPG

One possibility is to lower the "exposure" level....on a iphone you tap and hold the screen to lock the exposure level then swipe up/down to adjust the levels.

I think the images are fine and with a bit more practice you could achieve some very good results, something I attempted was a moon panorama, I let the moon drift through the view and the telescope had no tracking.

Good luck.

MoonPanorama.jpg

IMG_2322.JPG

MoonPanoramaDarker.jpg

Just now, Bruce Leeroy said:

One possibility is to lower the "exposure" level....on a iphone you tap and hold the screen to lock the exposure level then swipe up/down to adjust the levels.

I think the images are fine and with a bit more practice you could achieve some very good results, something I attempted was a moon panorama, I let the moon drift through the view and the telescope had no tracking.

Good luck.

MoonPanorama.jpg

IMG_2322.JPG

MoonPanoramaDarker.jpg

no matter the exposure there was still haze, so it wasnt from the exposure.

1 minute ago, Bruce Leeroy said:

It could be reflections or dew on the lens of the phone or eyepiece..did you hand hold the phone?

No, i have an adaptor. But retaking the pictures probably wont solve the thing, my question is how to remove it with a program.

Moon filter?

Yes, had a moon filter as well, used it in some pictures, didnt in some, but still got hazyness. But how do i remove it using software? I thought sharpening in registax would solve it like it did with planetary, but that was not the case.

19 minutes ago, Bruce Leeroy said:

Do you have a remote shutter and are you using an iphone? I don't know too much about using software for astronomy, I tried something but I'm not sure if it's better I'm sitting on the couch using the big TV screen not a PC monitor.

IMG_3194.JPG.3649f841a59fd9ff28b3b58616a3bba7.JPG

No i actually am on pc transferred the images from phone.

I use a cable/remote shutter with my iphone to take the image I don't tap the screen, so it doesn't shake or tilt the axis of the light path of the telescope-phone...looking harder at your image them maybe what is called the light train or path is not quite correct and where the mountains are it looks like reflections of the same image.

I use a cable/remote shutter with my iphone to take the image I don't tap the screen, so it doesn't shake or tilt the axis of the light path of the telescope-phone...looking harder at your image them maybe what is called the light train or path is not quite correct and where the mountains are it looks like reflections of the same image.

i used a 5 second delay, and the image looked like that from my phone without touching.

To me it just looks like motion blur, and/ or your out of focus. Another possibility is that your scope just doesn't have sufficient aperture to support those high magnifications with good results, to solve this you could take a video with your phone and put it into a stacking program to decrease the noise.

1 minute ago, Galen Gilmore said:

To me it just looks like motion blur, and/ or your out of focus. Another possibility is that your scope just doesn't have sufficient aperture to support those high magnifications with good results, to solve this you could take a video with your phone and put it into a stacking program to decrease the noise.

Well it may be that because i used iphone zoom quite a lot, so it's the aperture combined with little motion blur.

1 minute ago, Ahgii said:

Well it may be that because i used iphone zoom quite a lot, so it's the aperture combined with little motion blur.

I suggest that you use the highest magnification eyepiece, then do only half of the full phone zoom. That should give a better signal to noise ratio. Then if you can stack the video file in registax or autostakkert you have a pretty good image

Just now, Galen Gilmore said:

I suggest that you use the highest magnification eyepiece, then do only half of the full phone zoom. That should give a better signal to noise ratio. Then if you can stack the video file in registax or autostakkert you have a pretty good image

All my thanks to both of you, wish you a good evening/day. Clear skies!

Just now, Galen Gilmore said:

It says in your signature that your mount has a motor drive? Is that not true? 

You could practice stacking by doing a wide angle view and taking a 20 second video.

I broke my motor drive on the thing that u connect to ur telescope by rotating the slow motion , so it forcefully bent the motor drive and broke it, tried to super glue it, broke again.

Archived