Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

SGL 2017 SP

Sign in to follow this  
David Smith

Perseids - Good Show

David Smith    5,393

Skies cleared around about 10pm. I didn't get out until ~11:30 but then had pretty much uninterrupted viewing through until 4am. Recorded 43 Perseids and 8 Others. Some nice bright ones as well including one at ~02:40 UT which was very bright and left a lasting two part train behind.

It's been absolutely ages since my last meteor shower (mostly due to bad weather), so really enjoyed this despite interference of the Moon. This is one of my favourite ways to observe as it's low tech, just me (about as low tech as you can get), a deck chair, a clipboard / pen, a torch and the stars

• Like 2

Peter Drew    4,954

Yes, a good show. We had a large number of visitors who enjoyed views of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, the Moon anf of course the meteors.  Clear sky all night for a change on a Saturday!   :icon_biggrin:

• Like 4

bish    612

Nice one. The weather here was very patchy but i managed to see 12 in about an hour with 3 very bright ones.  First tine its been worth the effort for a while, despite the weather

• Like 1

Scooot    2,291

I nipped out briefly to view through a small gap in the clouds for about half an hour around midnight. Only managed to see 2 as I watched the clouds gradually fill in the gap. :) 

• Sad 1