Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron XTL 150 Reflector for visual, how are they?

Hello again! My mission of finding a second instrument is moving! have another option now the Celestron XLT  150mm reflector such has the image bellow:

l7ThS7h.jpg?1

It's a F5, 150 x 750, it will have a bit of coma because it's a F5, but is is a fine instrument for a visual? it looks similar to the SW 150p, they must come from the same factory too. I would like to know some strong advice before I ask more questions to the seller.

Thanks

Your sig says your current scope is an 8" F5 newt. I doubt that you would see enough difference between the two to warrant also owning a 6" F5 newt, unless you have two houses and intend to keep one scope at each house. In other words I wouldn't worry about having missed out on this one. :icon_biggrin:

Rocochet ah totally you are right, it's just to have a second instrument for guests, a smaller Dobson, easier to carry and fast to install outside instead of mounting the EQ5, inexpensive too. There is no rush really, just waiting for a very good deal on something good, and me being the lowest bidder.

(((:

10 hours ago, N3ptune said:

Rocochet ah totally you are right, it's just to have a second instrument for guests, a smaller Dobson, easier to carry and fast to install outside instead of mounting the EQ5, inexpensive too. There is no rush really, just waiting for a very good deal on something good, and me being the lowest bidder.

(((:

Could be the recipe for a long wait.  :icon_biggrin:

6 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

Could be the recipe for a long wait.  :icon_biggrin:

Yes it can take some time, but I ain't waiting and don't really need another telescope either :p. (and my bids are not that bad) On 4 instruments I had the following results:

#1 - I had a low price for a 8" SW Dobson, but the instrument was not A1 condition and kept in a shed outside, Cancelled

#2 - I did one bid on a 6" dob where I insulted the seller, my offer was too low, Rejected

#3 - The instrument was an infamous Bird-Jones, Cancelled

#4. The Omni 150 instrument was sold before I had the chance to bid, Too slow!

And today I gave an offer on a 150p but without any access to my e-mail to reply quickly. My expectations are low, it's a matter of luck again.  It could be sold by the time I get home.

We will see (; if I don't get it, too bad. 

@Peter Drew

it seems I am lucky after all, we concluded what I think is a fair price for the  SW 150p in good condition (This would be around 157GBP.)  but it's a bit more then my budget. I can afford it without difficulties but I just can't decide if I do it or not.

It could turn into a nice mini Dobson.

Thanks @Peter Drew, I decided this 150p will be owned by someone else, I don't visualize me doing anything major with it because I already own the 200p. Ill wait for a deal on a 130mm in good condition instead. For close to half the price, it would do the job very well, for a guest scope. Yeah new plan.

@Peter Drew

I am the winner for the 6" Dobson after all, I thought my price was too low and the seller was insulted, he was just away for the week lol :p bad perception. The SW traditional dob 150mm F6 was used less then 10 times ans is like a new one, this time it's no-brainer. :hello2:

Tonight, me, a dobsonian owner.

Archived