Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Equinox

Mariusz

Also, looking at length of the equator at the picture, it's much much longer than f.e 66 N, So, how comes that Sun rise and sets at the same time at both of them, and day lasts the same amount of hours?

IMG_1385.PNG

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Mariusz, you're not getting it at all. I bow out. I suggest you review all the evidence presented over the last 7 pages in this thread and try to get your head round all this evidence given to try to help you grasp something which for one reason or another you are not grasping at the moment. :( 

One last video which I found which shows all the positions for the equinoxes, and both the two solstices. Plenty of imagery to show the angle tilt of the earth, the position of the sun etc, so hope this helps. Mull all the evidence over and hopefully you will one day get that eureka moment! :) 

30 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

At an equinox the whole globe has a 12h day and a 12h night. I am not sure what your point is.

During all year the glob is split between half. One half always get light(day 12h) the other half doesn't get light ( night 12h) Doesn't matter if it is equinox or solstice or whatever.

56 minutes ago, Mariusz said:

During all year the glob is split between half. One half always get light(day 12h) the other half doesn't get light ( night 12h) Doesn't matter if it is equinox or solstice or whatever.

Really? Have you taken nothing in? How do you explain what actually happens, as in, reality?

43 minutes ago, Mariusz said:

One last video which I found which shows all the positions for the equinoxes, and both the two solstices. Plenty of imagery to show the angle tilt of the earth, the position of the sun etc, so hope this helps. Mull all the evidence over and hopefully you will one day get that eureka moment! :) 

Go to your Video  in 1:40 and watch it for several dozen of second. Pay atention on equator and arctic circle. From noon to the sun set is 6h. Notice How Long distance does The sun (actually the Earth) in both places from noon to sun set during this time. The only reason for both observers ( one at the equator, the other one at the arctice circle) they see the sun for the same amount of time is that the Earth spins at the Equator at the rate 1680 km/h when at the arctice circle few hundrets km/h, so it is a huge difference in speed. 

Now think that you shound see this difference of speed looking at the moving Sun or stars( becaouse really it is you move, not them). 

Check what people see or go on stellarium.

3 minutes ago, Mariusz said:

Go to your Video  in 1:40 and watch it for several dozen of second. Pay atention on equator and arctic circle. From noon to the sun set is 6h. Notice How Long distance does The sun (actually the Earth) in both places from noon to sun set during this time. The only reason for both observers ( one at the equator, the other one at the arctice circle) they see the sun for the same amount of time is that the Earth spins at the Equator at the rate 1680 km/h when at the arctice circle few hundrets km/h, so it is a huge difference in speed. 

Now think that you shound see this difference of speed looking at the moving Sun or stars( becaouse really it is you move, not them). 

Check what people see or go on stellarium.

What is your point?

On 31/08/2017 at 00:31, Paul M said:

I based my thoughts on the idea that at sunrise and sunset on the day of the equinox, an observer on the Equator is  some degrees above or below the ecliptic plane and due to the local geometry of the horizon relative to the ecliptic plane the and Sun would appear offset from E & W as seen by the observer... I thinked.

Doubting myself, I just set my location as 0 long, 0 lat in Stellarium and looked at sunset and sunrise on the dates of the Equinoxes and proved myself to be talking almost complete, well no, complete nonsense! :)

Good reasoning and good observation, but if that's the case about what you say regarding observer at the equator and the ecliptic plane, observer at the Capricorn of Canser should see sunrise exactly at the E 00. Also watch video below what's exact position of the Sunrise at the spring equinox between equator and North Pole North presented by Stellarium. North Pole is a winner!!

IMG_1385.PNG

10 minutes ago, Mariusz said:

Good reasoning and good observation, but if that's the case about what you say regarding observer at the equator and the ecliptic plane, observer at the Capricorn of Canser should see sunrise exactly at the E 00. Also watch video below what's exact position of the Sunrise between equator and North Pole North presented by Stellarium. North Pole is a winner!!

The sunrise would only be exactly in the east everywhere if the sunrise happened at the exact moment of the equinox, when the equatorial plane passes through the centre of the Sun. The vernal equinox this year actually took place at 10:28 on 20 March, so your video shows sunrises almost a day after the equinox.

4 hours ago, harrym said:

The sunrise would only be exactly in the east everywhere if the sunrise happened at the exact moment of the equinox, when the equatorial plane passes through the centre of the Sun. The vernal equinox this year actually took place at 10:28 on 20 March, so your video shows sunrises almost a day after the equinox.

Below you've got the other video on 20 March 2017 4h 22 min before exact moment of the equinox, and next video on 20 March 2004 very close to the exact moment of the equinox. You will never get sunrise exaclty in the east everywhere at the vernal equinox. At the North Pole you've got sunrise in the South, only one thing presented correctly by Stellarium if we live on the spinning glob and this 50 pages leaflet of sixteenth century heliocentric theory from Nicolaus Copernicus is right!! 

4 hours ago, Mariusz said:

Below you've got the other video on 20 March 2017 4h 22 min before exact moment of the equinox, and next video on 20 March 2004 very close to the exact moment of the equinox. You will never get sunrise exaclty in the east everywhere at the vernal equinox. At the North Pole you've got sunrise in the South, only one thing presented correctly by Stellarium if we live on the spinning glob and this 50 pages leaflet of sixteenth century heliocentric theory from Nicolaus Copernicus is right!!

Are you seriously suggesting that because your experiments with Stellarium show that the Sun doesn't actually rise exactly in the east everywhere on the equinox, the heliocentric model is incorrect?

Things to think about:

1. When "should" the Sun rise at longitude 0 on 20 March? Clue: it isn't 06:06:06, and it isn't 06:00:00 either.

2. The Earth has an atmosphere - how could this be affecting the apparent position of the Sun?

2 hours ago, Mariusz said:

I said that ONLY ONE THING correctly presented by Stellarium is Sunrise in the SOUTH at the North Pole.

Of course this is true. But I'm not quite sure what you're claiming. Are you saying that Stellarium should be showing the Sun exactly in the East in your videos, but is in fact getting the Sun's position slightly wrong?

Looking down from Polaris (431 light year) at the Solar System, it will look like a point. The Earth from that far will look like in the same position during one year. In this case, in my opinion, One year of the Earth around the Sun in the area of the Polar Star will be reflected with the motion shown below. 

1 hour ago, Mariusz said:

Looking down from Polaris (431 light year) at the Solar System, it will look like a point. The Earth from that far will look like in the same position during one year. In this case, in my opinion, One year of the Earth around the Sun in the area of the Polar Star will be reflected with the motion shown below.

This is just completely wrong. Over the course of a year, Polaris always appears at the zenith from the North Pole. But according to your video Polaris sometimes appears overhead from somewhere in North America.

The Earth's axis is fixed over the course of a year. It always points to Polaris. We have been trying to explain this to you for ages.

If you want to bilive that The Earth making million miles around the Sun always pointing in the same star during a year- good luck. 

Only makes sens for me, when the Earth is a spinning glob, with the axis shifted regards to orbital plane as we discussed, but it is the Sun orbiting the Earth.

12 minutes ago, Mariusz said:

If you want to bilive that The Earth making million miles around the Sun always pointing in the same star during a year- good luck. 

Only makes sens for me, when the Earth is a spinning glob, with the axis shifted regards to orbital plane as we discussed, but it is the Sun orbiting the Earth.

Seriously? From your point on earth do you see Polaris move from its position much at 89 degrees 15 minutes (apart from the slight 45 minute circle round the pole position) in one year? And are you going backwards now in believing the sun revolves around rhe earth? <facepalm>

• Stu locked this topic

Archived